Meet the team behind SSL—whose combined wisdom, expertise and years in the industry make us who we are.
The President & Chief Executive Officer, with the help of the management team, oversees the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Scott Ford – President & CEO | 720-645-1049 (CO office)
- Nancy Toscano – Controller | 585-742-1010 ext. 28 (NY office)
- Amy Guras – Office Operations Manager | 720-645-1049 (CO office)
- Cathy Walker – Softgoods Merchandise Manager | 973-940-1170 (NJ office)
- Tyler Lockard – Hardgoods Merchandise Manager | 720-645-1049 (CO office)
Board of Directors
Our stockholder/members elect a nine-member Board of Directors to three-year rotating terms, it is the board’s responsibility is to give direction to management and lookout for the interests of all stockholder/members.
- Chairman of the Board – Marsha Mather: Laacke & Joys, WI
- Vice Chairman – Gordon Geiger: Geiger’s Ski & Sport Haus, OH
- Secretary/Treasurer – Alan Davis: Princeton Sports, MD
Term through 2014
- Gordon Geiger – At Large: Geiger’s Ski & Sports Haus, OH
- Sig Fossum – At Large: Sporthaus, WA
Term through 2015
- Gary Cole – West: Cole Sport, UT
- Patrick O’Winter – At Large: Christy Sports, CO/UT
Term through 2016
- Alan Davis – East: Princeton Sports, MD
- Mark Williams – Midwest: Williams All-Seas
SSL buying committees are made up of some of the best buyers in our industry. They preview new products, discuss the diverse buying needs of our members, and negotiate purchasing contracts that can best satisfy our members’ needs, while maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with our supplier partners.
Program Development & Communication
While group collaboration is encouraged in order to generate the most cost-effective programs, our retailers maintain their individuality by being able to select the programs and brands that work best for their stores.